Our Real Talk series aims to provide various perspectives on issues and opportunities, allow you to network with growth-minded professionals, and leave you with at least one idea to implement in your workplace. Our panelists are not here to give you the corporate line, rather they are storytellers that will allow expansion, reflection, and consideration for action. For as much as we believe in stimulating discussion, it’s action that we’re after.
For this special event, we’re diving into an issue that is on everyone’s mind. When you ask people how they are doing and get beyond the superficial answers of “I’m fine” or “I’m managing,” a deeper level of challenges emerges: “I’m anxious, overwhelmed, and lonely,” “I’m completely burned out,” “I’ve lost my sense of optimism,” “I’m not sure how much longer I can keep this pace up.”
These experiences go beyond anecdotes: 75% of employees in the United States report symptoms of burnout. The number of those who rate their mental health as “very poor” is more than three times higher than before the pandemic.
This is about more than coping. As Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of every crisis lies great opportunity.” We have an opportunity to do more.
We’ll cover questions like:
- Why do we see many organizations wanting their workforce to come back to the office?
- How are marketing leaders managing through burnout, fatigue, and key employees being recruited away amidst their own disillusionment with their particular future?
- How do you teach empathy to a new manager? Or moreover, an existing leader?
And we’re asking you to JOIN THE CONVERSATION.
We’ll be selecting representatives from the audience to share their experiences and positioning on burnout..and we’ll be discussing those pointed concerns on the spot. If you’d like to join in and share your experience, dive into a topic, or position a point of view. Email us at email@example.com.
Our lineup of panelists includes:
- Mona Askalani, Director, Digital Capabilities, General Mills
- Heather Polivka – CEO, Awesome People Leaders
- Dr. April Seifert, Social Cognitive Psychologist and Life Design Strategist, Peak Mind
- Chris Gould, Director of Business Development, Brandpoint
- Moderator: Laura King, Founder of Marketers’ Community & Marketing Practice Lead at SkyWater Search Partners
Admission Includes networking and 2 drink tickets. Food Truck will be available on site: Peppers and Fries
Let this be a catalyst for our collective discussion together as we meet and mingle and form new relationships.
Our Meetups & Events Are Powered By: